Monday, January 26, 2009

Just Call me....Mrs. Sicky!

Well, so last week we found out that I had a UTI. I got on my 4th antibiotic on Friday with some pain medication I was actually able to take at work if needed. Before Friday, I was in so much pain and was only being prescribed narcotics-which obviously you can't work with! Thursday was the worst day of pain in the 1 week + of this ordeal! Of course narcotics eased me through it! VERY frustrating as I need to be at work accruing time to have enough hours to be paid while I am on maternity leave. So by Friday night I was actually feeling GREAT--and on Saturday even better! I was so excited to go to work on Sunday-believe it or not. However, to make matters WORSE--my body decided it wanted to catch a virus on Sunday! So-beginning yesterday I spent on the toilet all day with 100.5 fever, nausea, back pain, and some contractions from being dehydrated. I was MISERABLE! This lasted all night without sleep and into today. One of the worse nights of my life-truly! I continue to spend most of my time on the toilet wondering when this will stop! I had to call in to work last night AND tonight. Of course, this made the whole work issue even worse for me! So... yesterday I told myself-Jill--God knew all of this was going to happen--it all happens for a reason and you will be taken care of like always! I can't turn back time nor can I dwell on what could have been! So this has given me some peace through it all! Its just hard knowing that your colleagues suffer when you call in and are probably frustrated with me not knowing what all has gone on in the past week and a half! But I can't worry about that! I have to take care of me and Mr. Tucker! I am sure they will understand when I get back! In the meantime, I am thoroughly hydrating myself to keep those dehydration contractions gone and to get myself back to normal! I just hope Grant doesn't catch whatever I had---I will be so sad if that happens! :(

On a more positive note---the days (Friday night and Saturday) that I was feeling good we went to dinner with some friends for a birthday and came home to organize our utility room. Its amazing how much space can be utilized when you have a NEED to utilize all the space in your house! On Saturday, I cleaned out our whole HUGE closet in the morning while Grant was working on truck stuff. In the afternoon, we cleaned out both our office and nursery--moving furniture, placing/labeling stuff in plastic bins, putting together our bookcase for the nursery, etc.! Quite a chore but we are almost done with this big task called "organization." I guess you would say I am nesting! I just feel like there are so many little things that I am not going to want to do once this baby comes! So--we are doing it all now and it feels GREAT! Now we are just waiting for the crib and dresser/changer to arrive so we can put it all together! Also, Grants mom is sewing our baby bedding which is going to look AMAZING! That is in the works too! I can't wait for the room to get all decorated so I can post some pics! :) I just know he is going to love his new room!

*We found out this week that our good friend from Grant's off-roading club, Tony, has inoperable lung cancer! Please keep him in your prayers as he will be traveling to MD Anderson and starting some pretty aggressive treatments very soon. He is so strong as well as his wife Sharon. He has such a good attitude and will pull through! Every prayer will help! Thanks everyone!

Hope all is well with everyone! Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Poor Jill! We hope you are feeling better now!