Wednesday, April 15, 2009

38 weeks! 5 days from Delivery!

Today we went to visit Dr. Lampkin for the LAST TIME before I deliver this baby boy! It felt good I must say! I remain dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced. He still feels his little head too! How cute! He said my cervix was not firm and not soft-just medium! So not much change from last week except for the fact that it didn't hurt near as bad when he did my exam! :) After asking his opinion, Dr. Lampkin believes it would be in my best interest to have a cesarean section with my "very narrow" pelvis. He thinks I would probably be able to have a vaginal delivery but would probably have a lot of "trauma." And he means to me, not Tucker-NECESSARILY! Things can definitely happen with the little man, too! There is just no sense in risking him not being able to deliver safely by sticking with trying a vaginal delivery having a narrow pelvis! I know and see way too much! So...I am VERY satisfied with our decision! We will go into surgery at 6:00 AM on Monday morning--he should be here around 6:15-6:30 or so that morning! YEA!!!! Very early-I know! We can't wait! The family will be here and it will just be awesome! 

Everything looked good in the office. His heart rate was in the 130's and I have only gained one pound in the past 2 weeks! Craziness! There have been times when I have lost weight, when I have stayed the same from week to week and now I have gained only one pound! Its really weird because it seems as though I eat anything I can get my hands on! They still think he will be a peanut--yea!!!! All the plans are in place and we are ready to go! I have stocked up on food, the house will get cleaned Friday, the dog gets cleaned today, the air filters will be changed, my nails and toes will get done with my girls tomorrow, etc! We are as ready as we will ever be! Please pray for us as Grant and I join the world of parenthood! And pray for my nerves/health as I have never had surgery or a baby for that matter! I will post an update as soon as I get a chance after he is born-- with pictures! Bye for now as "Jill"---talk to you later as "Mom!"

5 comments:

The Echols Family said...

So exciting!! The Coss Family will be in our prayers. We can't wait to see pictures of Tucker. :) Have a wonderful few days leading up to the delivery!

Anonymous said...

I want to try to call you tomorrow, but just incase I forget or never get the chance....you'll understand that statement soon enough. Tucker will be so lucky to have so many people to love him. You on the other hand have not loved the way you are about to. Give him a kiss for me. I will get you something special in the mail soon.
Love you all -
Michelle Harp

Sackenheim Family said...

How exciting! Can't wait to hear all about Mr. Tucker. We will be thinking of you guys. Good luck.

Jerod and Jessica said...

Jill I am so excitied for you! You will be in our prayers and I hope you will have a very safe delivery!

Anonymous said...

Jill I am sooo excited for you. You'll be amazing. I can not wait to met Tucker and see your motherly side just come out! So happy for you!

Brooke Tomlin