Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It is Getting Close! 30 Weeks!

Today Grant and I had two of our doctor appointments. It was great to kill two birds with one stone! First, was the Dr. Hales appointment. This is the fun appointment! We saw Mr. Tucker's BACK today but could not see his face. He just so happened to be face down at the moment! So no good pictures off course! But he is head down with his legs right at the top of my belly! Getting close to rib kicking time I fear! He weighed 3 lb. 2 oz.! My cervix, fluid, placenta etc... is on track and normal! They did some doppler studies to look at the blood flow from the placenta to the baby. My levels were elevated which means there is some resistance in blood flow from the placenta to Tucker. However, these numbers usually peak at 30 weeks and then tapers off. He is not worried at all because of this and the fact that Tucker is growing right on track. If he hadn't been growing normally,the studies today may have been evidence that the blood flow is an issue! But at this point we are good! I go back next week for a follow up visit to make sure they go down! And to get better pics! After this, we headed over to Dr. Lampkin's office for the usual visit! Nothing eventful but we did decide on a date for induction of labor! Monday, April 20th-I am on the books! I will be 38 weeks and 5 days! We have been thinking of this date for some time! I have been trying to time it just perfect with my friend's work schedule in postpartum so she can take care of me etc! Its fun to work in L/D so I am able to get on the schedule so early! Now I can "reserve" good ol' Dr. Hegde to do my epidural or spinal if have a c-section! :) Of course, anything can happen and I could go earlier or later! But at least this is a starting point! 

On another note, Grant had a great birthday on the 8th! The big 27! After I woke up from work we went to eat at Lujan's and then went to a movie! We ended a great night with ice cream cake that Molly bought for Grant from Marble Slab! Yummy! 

Hope everyone has a great week! I will post another update next week--hopefully with some good pics! 

No comments: